Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Career change

How many people changed careers throughout their career life? Should be lots of people experienced that. This group are the privileged people. I am in this dilemma now.... change is not favourable because risk is higher than status quo. But higher risk could mean higher return.

I changed few times so far. First time was from science stream in form 4 - 6 to economics in university. I knew nothing about economics, but did that for 6 years. Second time was when I started my career. Unthinkable to me that I would do dived into computer industry when I was computer phobia in form 6. Already in computer world for 9 years now.

This would be the third time. It is a change from computer industry to petrophysics. Err.. petrophysics? What the heck is that? The nearest definition I can find from wikipedia is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservoir_Petrophysics

Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ong Mie said...

hi..
um...sound interesting..wor..
but me know nothing about it.
anyhow...wish u the best..!!

9:18 AM  
Blogger honfui said...

Thanks Dorin.
BTW, I've seen your wedding photo.. nice. Congratulations!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah.. finally got update :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger honfui said...

have been busy (or lazy) for few months to update this blog. thanks for checking...

11:32 AM  
Blogger honfui said...

Just discussed with Petrophysics team leader about my intention -> no opening at this moment. :( May be I'm too late. One new guy came in 2 weeks ago as Petrophysics.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home